The International Brotherhood of Teamsters Labor History Research Center boasts a state-of-the-art digitization facility capable of reformatting a multitude of types of material to digital form. Research Center staff are able to convert the following formats:
- Analog audiotape (reel to reel and cassettes)
- Videotape (VHS, Beta and Umatic)
- Film (35mm, 16mm, 8mm, microfilm)
- Paper documents via flatbed scanner
- Bound volumes via a robotic arm scanner
Materials are saved as digital files via a set of specialized A/V units connected to networked workstations.